Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Primary!

Boy oh boy, I sure didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started this little blog! I thought I would post more than once a month or so, but I guess that's not going to happen. A few weeks ago Michael and I were called to be teachers in our ward's primary program. Yay, 6 year olds! So far we have started getting to church on time, re-learning primary songs, and bribing children with candy... we're gonna be great parents someday! haha.

I am actually pretty stoked about this calling because now I actually have a reason to make little crafts and whatnot. This past week our lesson was titled "My Heavenly Father Trusts Me To Follow His Plan" and I made a couple of handouts for the kiddos. The first is a bookmark with a poem that the manual provided by Anna Johnson. I made purple copies for the girls and green copies for the boys (It does matter which color you give to which though! One of my boys wanted a purple one, which created quite a scene when we read the poem aloud).



  
My Heavenly Father
Trusts me to
Choose the Right!



I am a child of royal birth
My Father is King of heaven and earth
My spirit was born in the courts on high
A child beloved, a princess am I.
-Anna Johnson-



My Heavenly Father
Trusts me to
Choose the Right!


 
I am a child of royal birth
My Father is King of heaven and earth
My spirit was born in the courts on high
A child beloved, a    prince am I.
-Anna Johnson-


The second hand out was a sticker I cut out with a 3.5 inch hole punch. It has the same green and purple CTR shields and says "My Heavenly Father Trusts Me To..." above it. I guess I should be computer savvy enough to upload a word document to my blog, but obviously I'm not, sorry guys!

Anywho, I'm loving this calling. Especially since I get to do it with my best friend! Hopefully I'll learn how to use a computer soon enough and have more primary projects for you soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myrah, found your cute blog on facebook :) I was so happy to read your primary entry, and to see that you two our enjoying yourselves. Primary is the great secret of the church, it's absolutely the best place to be, (and Sundays go so fast when we're so busy back there). I'm also glad you jump on the blogger wagon, many of us do it as I'm sure you've figured out. It's a great way to keep a journal. My blog about our family is: goldenspringtime.blogspot.com. Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! love it. we miss you guys. when you moving to the house?

    ReplyDelete